U.S. Immigration Lawyer –Guillermo Ortiz
Guillermo “Memo” Ortiz, was raised in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. He earned a B.A. degree in International Relations and Latin American Studies from St. Edward’s University in 2006. He has studied abroad in Braunschweig, Germany and Innsbruck, Austria.
In 2009, Mr. Ortiz earned his J.D. from St. Mary’s University School of Law. His desire to practice immigration law was inspired by his work as a student attorney at the St. Mary’s Law School Immigration and Human Rights Clinic, where he successfully represented clients before the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
Since 2009, Mr. Ortiz has practiced immigration law in San Antonio and Houston, Texas. He has experience in a wide array of immigration matters representing companies and individuals in employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions, family-based petitions and naturalization applications.
Areas of practice:
- Employment based nonimmigrant petitions related to managerial, executive, and specialized knowledge intra-company transferees (L Visas), treaty investors and traders (E visas), H-1B specialty occupation, NAFTA Treaty Nationals (TN visas), domestic employees, and students.
- Employment based immigrant petitions for individuals of extraordinary ability; individuals of exceptional ability seeking a national interest waiver; and labor certifications (PERM).
- Family based immigrant petitions either through the consular process or adjustment of status, and petitions for removal of conditions.
- Representation before U.S. Customs and Border Protection for Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record corrections.
- Naturalization and Certificates of Citizenship.
Guillermo is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the Houston Bar Association, and the Houston Young Lawyers Association.
Guillermo is fluent in English, Spanish, and German.
Schedule a 30-minute consult
If you would like to talk to Guillermo or another U.S. immigration lawyer, please click on the schedule button and take a moment to fill out the intake questions to better help us serve you on the call.